Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sync Outlook and Google Apps on your mobile phone

Posted by OlafMay 13, 2010

I’m using Google Apps as my primary e-mail service for almost 4 years now and I must say the product has grown a lot within the last 2 years. A year ago I got my first cell phone powered by windows mobile and a few days ago I decided to synchronize my e-mail plus calendar with the data I have entered on my phone. Just one more feature offered by Google Apps.

Honestly I tried this before but without success, why? Because I missed one big point, this service is only available for premium accounts. In my case, I like to synchronize much more. As I mentioned before, I have a “personal” Google Apps account and a Windows mobile phone, but I’m using also a Microsoft Exchange account at the office, which I like to synchronize with my Windows mobile phone. The synchronization tool on the phone allows only one server and in fact I have two. But there is a possibility to arrange this.

Synchronize Microsoft Outlook with Google Apps

There is a Google Apps Sync tool to synchronize both accounts (Outlook and Google Apps) with each other including contacts, e-mail, tasks and the calendar. I tried that tool, but I don’t like to have a second Outlook profile for my personal stuff. 1-2 year ago there was already the Google Calendar Sync tool which is able to synchronize the Outlook calendar with the calendar from a Google Apps account. I needed to search the Google Calendar Documentation to find this tool back because Google doesn’t mention this tool anymore (the suggest the new sync tool instead). It works for Outlook 2003/2007 and with the latest version I’m able to synchronize my calendars in one or two ways:

No comments:

Post a Comment